We save business owners time and stress by ensuring they have accurate, up-to-date, and fully compliant books backing their business.
The Accountant's Report
(The Accounting Review, 1951, author unknown)
We have audited the balance sheet and here is our report:
The cash is overstated, the cashier being short;
The customers' receivables are very much past due,
If there are any good ones there are very, very few;
The inventories are out of date and practically junk,
And the method of their pricing is very largely bunk;
According to our figures the enterprise is wrecked...
But subject to these comments, the balance sheet's correct.
Gareth Gilson began his career as a software developer, later turning to accounting and bookkeeping following the 2008 economic recession.
Over the years, he has handled the books for sports teams, retail stores, wholesalers, media services, non-profits, and charities - with that experience, he chose to launch his own practice, Gareth Gilson Bookkeeping, in 2017.
He has been a Certified Professional Bookkeeper since 2021. He is an active member of Goldstream Toastmasters, and honoured to be a Serving Member of the Order of St. John.
- Communication - making sure we have accurate, reliable information and making sure that you get the same
- Lifelong Learning - there's always something new to learn and we seek learning opportunities wherever they are available
- Resilience - bad news is temporary, what we do next will determine our future
- Celebrate Success -finding the joy in both big and little successes
Our bookkeepers are required to fulfill four standards - Education, Experience, Testing, & Training:
- Minimum CPB Canada certified bookkeeper
- Minimum five years experience
- Successfully completed the Pure Bookkeeping Skills Assessment
- Successfully completed the Pure Bookkeeping Training Module
We've seen businesses who have been let down by bookkeepers who claimed that they were proficient in Quickbooks or Xero but found the opposite was true when they started the work. We use the Pure Bookkeeping Skills Assessment to test the applicant's proficiency in Quickbooks or Xero and general bookkeeping skills. This must be completed successfully before they have an interview. That has helped enormously to weed out inexperienced candiates.
Once selected they complete the Pure Bookkeeping Training Module – an intensive theoretical and practical training in all aspects of The Pure Bookkeeping System before qualifying starting as one of our bookkeepers.